(Includes PUAFER005 Operate as part of an emergency control organisation & PUAFER008 Confine Small Emergencies in a Facility)
This nationally recognised course delivered by emergency services experts will equip participants with the skills to safely evacuate a workplace as well as managing small workplace emergencies such as a small fire or chemical spill.
Some of the skills learned in this five hour course are;
- Implement workplace procedures
- Risk management
- Carry out a search pattern in an area
- Use initial response equipment such as fire extinguishers
- Assist people who need assistance
There are no prerequisites for this course.
This course runs approximately 5 hours face to face with no pre-course requirement or pre-requisites
$250 AUD PUAFER005 Operate as Part of an Emergency Control Organisation & PUAFER008 Confine small emergencies in a facility - Skill Set (FIRE WARDEN)
5 Hours (approx.)
If you would like to pay by invoice please contact us via email or phone to complete the booking.
UNIT BEING DELIVERED
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
PUAFER005 Operate as part of an emergency control organisation
PUAFER008 - Confine small emergencies in a facility
To view full unit details please visit training.gov.au
This course will be delivered in the workplace or at ACTWell First Aid & Training Canberra’s training facility.
Course durations can vary for multiple reasons, so the durations below are the minimum possible amount.
- Refresher Face to Face contact time of at least 4 Hours
- Face-to-Face Face to Face contact time of at least 4 Hours
- Online with face-to-face assessment Face to Face contact time of at least 30 Mins
PROVIDER OF TRAINING AND ASSESSMENT
This course is delivered and assessed on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909
WORK PLACEMENT ARRANGEMENTS
No work placement will be required as part of this course
LEARNERS RIGHTS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND SUPPORT, INCLUDING COMPLAINTS
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website allenstraining.com.au (https://allenstraining.com.au/students/student-handbook) for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
COURSE FEES AND PAYMENTS
The fee for this course is $250
Refund and fee protection policy, including cooling-off period – please refer to the student handbook.
Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks. These are detailed in the sections following.
- Identify and implement emergency protection systems and equipment
- Prepare for and undertake pre-emergency planning
- Respond and follow instructions for a fire emergency
- Operate as part of an ECO in a fire emergency
- Lead an ECO in a fire emergency
- Manage a small chemical spill
- Put out a small paper/wood fire
- Workplace emergency checklist
- Facility emergency plan
- Emergency equipment fault log
- Emergency evacuation incident and debrief form
- Incident report
Theory assessment - A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice and short answer questions. The student must complete all assessment questions.
An individual undertaking this course with Allens Training Pty Ltd will need to demonstrate the following to be eligible for entry:
- Physical fitness to be able to meet the demands of the practical demonstration skills such as using equipment assigned to assist with implementing the workplace emergency procedures and providing assistance to those in need during an evacuation.
- Sufficient English language, literacy, numeracy and visual interpretation skills to successfully complete the course.